Innovators & Experimenters Welcome!
You've asked for it. Now it's here!
The DMR Sandbox is a project sponsored by DMR-MARC for experimenters who want to develop new features specifically for amateur radio DMR while not disrupting a large and stable network with many users. While DMR-MARC is a very structured network focused on stability and availability in 20 countries, the DMR Sandbox is much smaller. Patches between DMR and other technologies such as D-Star, Allstar, Echolink, and IRLP are permitted on the Sandbox network. However, the sandbox network does not feature any connections to DMR-MARC, DCI, or Hytera international, national, or statewide DMR networked talkgroups. The DMR-Sandbox is a unique network, with unique talkgroups, and a unique purpose!
You can help!
The DMR-MARC Network has a few items that we'd like your help on developing.
1. FCC Compliant TRBO-APRSIS position software. We need the subscriber especially to be compliant with FCC rules.
2. Automated text messages for severe weather warnings
3. Homebrewed, inexpensive access point dongles with excellent digital audio.
4. Front panel programming kits and software.
5. Automated calendar events to text messaging interface
6. Contact list expansion and callsign aliasing methods
7... Or any other good ideas you have!
- No commercial development. This is for amateur radio use only.
- All repeaters, subscribers, and third party tools must have registered IDs.
- This Sandbox network may experience unexpected outages when new concepts are tried. 100% uptime is not guaranteed.
- Connections to Worldwide, North America, Europe, Country talkgroups, DCI1, The Bridge, TAC310, etc. and other statewide talkgroups are prohibited.
- Configuration changes on sandbox managers will occur at the discretion of the custodian.
- Nobody gets to get mad at anyone else — this is meant to be a place we can play around and mess stuff up.
|Sandbox Name||Development Function|
|Sandbox 1||Bridging and other IPSC management tools and applications.!|
|Sandbox 2||Testing softare versions for interoperability (repeater firmware, bridge software, etc.)!|
|Sandbox 3||Protocol patches — IRLP, Echolink, All-Star, D-Star, etc.!|